Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas 2008


I went to visit the Jacobsens on Saturday night just before Christmas. On Sunday morning Rachel and Elise sang in a special holiday choir. Emma and Sadie also sang with the primary group. It was nice to be at church in the Jacobsen row. Towards the end of the service I started getting chills and feeling yucky. Rachel took me home before Sunday school. We were planning on coming home early, because Rick was coming to visit. I wrapped a suitcase full of gifts, feeling worse and worse. I ended up feeling sick during the whole visit. We still had fun watching Samantha, and Amahl and the Night Visitors, reading books, doing a jigsaw puzzle, and playing games. We didn't get to do the fun things Rachel had planned. It was great to see "GrandUncle" Richard and have our Christmas with the kids. Rick gave the girls jewelry making kits, and they were busy making rings, and two kinds of bracelets the rest of the week. I started feeling better just in time to fly home on Christmas Eve. I had no problems traveling through the wintry weather, and Pedro and I had a quiet, very white, Merry Christmas.

No comments: